Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

On Wednesday, I got in my second long run of the week. I moved it from Sunday since I'm going away and didn't want to miss it. Mom and I went to the boardwalk very early to run it. BIG MISTAKE. I guess my body had no time to recover from my 13 miler on Sunday, and I felt it. We got the distance in, but it was tough. My legs are tight and would not move. It was almost as if I was trying to run and my legs weren't going with me. I'm hoping that while I'm away, my legs will recover. I plan on 4 days of running, but short distances. 5 miles will be the MOST. Also, I won't be teaching any classes for a week. Both me and mom think that our legs need this "break". We are hoping to come back and be all recovered.

Tomorrow morning, we are racing the Belmar 5. Just because of my luck, the weather is going to be 91 degrees and 100% humidity. YES! Not :( It's scaring me because my runs haven't been as strong/fast in this weather. My 5 mile PR is 41:15 (which I ran 3 weeks ago). I'd love nothing more than to beat that, but I'm not having my heart set on it. I'll be happy with anything under 45 minutes. But if I do PR, I will be overjoyed!!!!!!

I guess these last few weeks have been different/difficult. I don't know what was up with me, but I'm not that person anymore. I'm back to my good old happy self. I've learned a lot. One thing I've always known and will never forget is to never trust anyone, NO MATTER WHAT! My family is the most important thing is my life and I would never to anything to jeopordize my relationship with them. I thank them for always sticking by me and being the best family anyone can ever ask for.

As far as guys go, I'm still single. I'm very happy right now. I want to just enjoy the summer and see what happens. I am not looking for anyone right now, but if someone good comes a long and is worth holding on to, then I'll see what happens. Everyone deserves a chance.

I'm pumped for our cruise! We are getting picked up Sunday morning at 5 am!!!! But it will all be worth it. We have about a 4 hour flight to Puerto Rico and then we board the cruise. Right now, the weather in PR looks good and it looks great in the islands as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way. We want hot sunny weather!!!!
Well, I'll post pictures and a little report of our trip when I get back :).

No comments: