Monday, July 13, 2009

Update on Mom

Hey everyone! Well most of you all know how hard this year as been for both myself and my family. Mom is doing great and is done with chemo in October. For the most part, she's feeling good and looks awesome! It's just very tough for her to be dealing with this all. It's taking a toll on her mentally and physically. But I am just so proud of how well she's been coping. I mean of course she has her good and bad days, but that's normal. Her chemo is so strong this time around it's crazy. She doesn't get a break! The week she's not on chemo, she has to go for shots 3 days that week to keep up her blood count. They give her really bad head aches. Otherwise, she's awesome. This hasn't stopped her from doing much, even though she thinks it has. I love spending time with her and always making sure she's ok. I give her the space she needs though to be alone and do thinks by herself. And hey, she's gotten back to running! Her first run in 7 weeks was yesterday and guess what?!? SHE DID 3 MILES @ A 10:01 PACE!! She wasn't happy because after almost 2 miles she had to stop and catch her breath. Ummm HELLO!?!??!?! Mom hasn't done anything in 7 weeks AND all that chemo affects her breathing! I can't wait for her to get back out there with me! I miss my running partner so much it's crazy. But whenever I run now, I run for her. I always say "If mom can beat cancer and do so much while on chemo, then I can suck it up and run a few miles". And it works each time. Again I thank you all for the continued support and prayers helping us get through this tough time. Mom has kept her chin up and all this support has only made her realize how strong she is. When this is all over, we can look back and this year and see how much she accomplished while under so much stress. Mom is truly a hero and the best influence on others. She always encourages and wants people to be happy that sometimes she forgets to worry about herself. We had a cruise planned that we had to cancel, and she kept apologizing. But we keep telling her who cares there will be so many other vacations! So we are just going to Wildwood for a few days to get away and all spend time together. She is the best mother ever and it's just a shame she had to deal with this. I hate seeing her upset or in pain. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. But God did this to her for a reason and once it's done, she will realize how strong she really is. Everyone has to remember that they can reach any goals and do anything they set their mind to; just like mom beat cancer. Look how great she looks!!



2 comments:

Samantha said...

She's such a trooper...glad to hear things are moving along even if there are so many challenges along the way. It was awesome that she got out and ran. WITH chemo and a 6 week break she ran 3 faster than I can healthy!

Nicole said...

yeah thanks it's tough but she's doing well!