Tuesday, July 14, 2009

BELMAR 5 RACE REPORT 7/11/09


Well as most of you know, I just started getting back into running as I train for PDR in September. I'm not nearly as fast as I was last year, but I've learned to accept that. The most important thing is that I'm back out there running and training on my own.


I ran the Belmar 5 on Saturday. It was my first 5 mile race since November. I knew for sure it wouldn't be a PR, but I was just running for fun. It was extremely hot out (just my luck), but it was probably the coolest day for the race in the past few years. I started off a little too fast, and realized I wasn't going to hold that pace, so I slowed down. The first 2 miles were great, but from mile 2-3.5 we ran on Ocean Ave. in complete sun light and no water stops. I was going to die. I thought about stopping because I was afraid I was going to faint, but I didn't. It's such a quick course that it didn't even feel like 5 miles. But, I finished 5.01 miles in 47:22 (chip time). I'm overall happy with my time considering the heat and me just getting back into training. I don't have anymore 5 mile races for the summer, but have several 5k's coming up. Here is my finishing picture (i know very attractive haha):


2 comments:

Samantha said...

Way to go Nic! Sounds like it was a brutal race and you still pulled out a great time. Good luck at PDR!

Nicole said...

thanks so much!!!! so excited for PDR