Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Favorite Running Quotes

Just wanted to post some of my favorite running quotes!! Some are inspirational, and some are kind of funny:

1- Running- Cheaper than Therapy


2- A 1/2 marathon is just a 5k race with a 10 mile warm up

3- The journey is more important than the destination

4- The pain is temporary, the pride is forever

5- A marathoner's response:

  • yes it's really hard
  • yes I had to train A LOT
  • yes I know it's hard on the body
  • yes I know I'm crazy
  • and yes every marathon is 26.2 miles!

6- Running is 50% mental, 49% mental, and 1% insanity

7- To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift

8- Pain is weakness leaving the body

9- A marathon is like life with its ups and downs, but once you've done it, you feel you can do anything

10- You run the first 20 miles with your legs~ you run the last 6.2 with your heart

11- When people ask me why I run, I tell them there's not really a reason, it's just the adrenalin when you start, and the feeling when you cross the finish line, and know that you are a winner no matter what place you got

I wanted to share a few of my favorite running quotes. It's been such a tough year from me. I took some time off when mom was diagnosed because I just couldn't do it without her. But I've gotten back into it. I am slower this year than I was last year. My 5k time is ~3 minutes slower, but I've decided I'm ok with that! At first I was like OMG I am so embarrassed because everyone is going to laugh at me. Then I realized who cares!?!? I'm still out there running and this year, I'm running for ME. Of course I have those few people that think it's funny and after every race say "o you could have done better, remember where you were last year?" O yeah that makes me feel great!!!! Last year, I was so competitive and had a goal time for every race. If I didn't reach that "goal" I would just break down and cry and be so tough on myself. That really made me not enjoy running! This year I'm much more laid back. I know I won't PR at PDR, but guess what? I don't care! I'm training alone for the first time ever and it's not easy. But hey I'm doing it! And I am just so happy to be back to running. In time, I do plan on running a few more marathons and hopefully BQ one day. But that is a goal that I know is not close by, but I will achieve it when my body is ready and when I'm mentally ready to devote my life to marathon training again.

So thanks for the running support and everyone should just remember that running should be fun!!

1 comment:

jp said...

Love them thanks! :))