Friday, December 26, 2008

Mom's Home!!!

Well mom came home late this afternoon! She's very sore BUT doing awesome. She is up walking around slowly and finally eating food. The doctors said she can run in 2 weeks which means I HAVE MY RUNNING PARTNER BACK! I'm so excited for her. We obviously don't like to see her in pain, but it could have been a lot worse. Surgery went better than expected!

It's been a very rough week and I've cried everyday. I'm depressed about my weight and the way I'm looking lately. I think it's just an emotional time. And then with mom, I was a basket case. I just couldn't deal with it all. And on top of everything my boyfriend, well as of today my ex-boyfriend, never came down. I wanted him here, and he never offered until Tuesday (mom was in hospital since Friday). But Tuesday I was working all day. And then his MOM texted me the other day to tell me not to be mad at her son because she told him he was wrong for not coming down. Hello he's a grown man and it's a relationship between me and him. I'm so hurt and upset by him. And then he ended it today because he claims we live too far apart (45 minutes easy fast drive) and he doesn't like driving on the parkway. UMMM slap in my face!!! And he could of just waited a few more days considering he knows how I haven't slept and stopped crying. Grr there's so much more I want to get out, but I will be writing for days then lol.

So to sum it up mom's getting better and I'm single again. It's probably for the best though. I need someone older anyway. I like going out and having fun, not sitting in the house all day/night watching movies. I'm only young once ;).

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONCERNS AND PRAYERS ABOUT MOM. IT WAS A VERY SCARY WEEK. WHEN THEY ORIGINALLY DIAGNOSED HER, WE THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE THE WORST. WE WERE VERY SCARED AND SO WAS MOM. BUT WHEN THEY WENT IN TO THE SURGERY, THEY REALIZED THEY MISDIAGNOSED HER AND IT WAS A MUCH EASIER SURGERY. SHE HAS 4 INCISIONS THAT ARE SMALL AND WILL HEAL NICELY. AND MOM IS GOING TO BE BACK TO NORMAL SOON BECAUSE SHE IS STRONG AND IS A FIGHTER!! THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your mom is back home and on the mend, Nic! Sorry to hear about your ex-boyfriend. His loss, though!

Nicole said...

thank u so much!!! i gotta get back omn RW and catch up on everyone

Anonymous said...

YAY Nic! So glad to hear Mom is home, recovering, and doing well! Kudos to you for continuing to prove you're a super amazing daughter. I can't imagine what you've gone through the past couple weeks but you're still shining!

Try not to fret the weight. Your mom and I were talking about size (not yours, just in general) on IM a couple weeks ago. Some people just aren't built to be sticks (raises hand) but can still be strong and beautiful anyhow. Many MANY girls and women (myself included) would love to look as amazing as you do! I'm sure now that the stress is starting to wane you'll get more back into your usual active routine.

Joe's loss for sure. Funny he didn't support you in this situation. My oldest niece (16) broke up w/ her ex around Tgiving because when she had to take her little sister who couldn't breathe to the ER, he did the same thing...basically ignored her. You deserve more than that! Way to be strong and value yourself!

Here's to a new year full of exciting things ahead!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend but glad to hear about your mom. 2009 is sure to be a brighter year.