Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve in the Hospital

On Friday, I took mom to the ER for a cat scan and they admitted her. Her white blood count was up to 19,00 which is just way to high, showing she had an infection. Also, they diagnosed her with diverticulitus. The antibiotics haven't worked. They said if the cat scan from Monday showed improvement she'd be home.

Well bad news... mom hasn't gotten any better. They scheduled her for surgery today at noon. I'm a nervous wreck; I just want it all to be ok. I wish it was me instead of her :(. I want her back to normal. I miss her so much!!

First, they are going to try to go through her belly button and drain the puss pockets. If all goes well, she's done and will be home tomorrow. If not, he will make an incision and actually remove the "bad" pieces. She's going to be drugged up all day. I feel so awful! I just want it all to be ok. It's been a very tough week and will be a tough Christmas. If he has to make the incision (let's pray not) she won't be home for like 3 days. I wish there was something I could do.

Right now, I'm trying to be strong. It's not easy though :(. My 3 close friends have been beyond supportive, and even came up to visit her! One of my close friends is coming up today on Christmas Eve!! I told her no, but she insisted. Secretly, I want her there but I wouldn't tell her that because it's the holidays. It'll be good support to see her for a few.

Please pray for mom that all goes well!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey I'm so sorry! Keep us posted. You said you wish there were something you can do and you ARE! You're being there for her and she needs that. Sending prayers and positive vibes. Get well P!