Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trick or Trot

So today mom and I ran the Trick or Trot 4 mile race in Long Branch. We dressed up as bunnies; we had the ears, bow tie, and tail. Both of us decided to run this as a "fun" run and stay together. The course was extremely boring; it was an out and back course. And it definitely felt like forever to finish!! But we did it! I had no intentions of placing or winning an award. We were just hanging around talking to everyone and watching the dog parade. They started announcing awards and got to my age group. We were standing in the very back and I wasn't even paying attention BUT after they announced 3rd place, I realized that the time was slower than what I ran it in. So I paid attention and sure enough the girl in 2nd place was also slower than my time. I couldn't believe it, I placed 1st!!!!! I was shocked and still am shocked, but I got a cute little halloween medal with a puppy on it. Mom was so excited, but I wish she placed too!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nic!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome....way to go! I need to see pix of this bunny pair.

Anonymous said...

you go girl! glad i could be there to celebrate your new beginning!! now get it together and catch up to me!!!!

Andre ;)

concreterunner said...

yeah i'm with sam we need pics. congrats on the AG win