Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Is it Friday yet??

School is just ridiculous. I am getting so much work I need this semester to end!!!!! It looks like I'm going to have 2 days off again next semester which is great for me.

Work is work. I got an awesome job offering at another gym, but it's so complicated. My boss where I am now I know is not happy that I may give up a day here, but it's my money. Business isn't about working to be nice, it's about working because you like the place and you get paid well. $3.00/hour is a big difference and $15.00 more per class is an even bigger difference. I love my job BUT I have expenses and I like nice things which means I need more money, and people don't seem to understand that. UGHH so I have a lot on my mind right now.

My boyfriend is great. I am so beyond happy with him. It's been great and we're having a lot of fun. He's coming down this Friday to spend the night, adn then his family will be down Saturday.

Running is doing better. I have a few races lined up that I'm excited for. I'm doing my best to fit it into my schedule, but it's not easy.

Anyway, I'm loaded with school work as usual so I'm off to do that

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is crazy busy. You'll make the right decision about teaching...it's not always all about money but you can't give it away either. Wait...that sounded bad! ;)

Glad to hear running is on the upswing abit. We'll miss you this weekend in DC!

Anonymous said...

It used to be that you could rely on a certain amount of stabilty and growth in one job. It was common for our parents and grandparents generation to stay with one job/company for years and years. That's no longer true for us. What you'll find out, as you already have to some degree, that if you really want to be successful and get ahead, you're going to have to take charge of when/how/where you advance. Even in my career, which at the time is stable, I know that if I'm not making some kind of move every 3-5 years, I'm wasting my time. 3% a year increase (if you're lucky) just doesn't cut it. The days of sitting in one job and retiring in 30 years are long over. You need to mix things up every now and then and you should always be looking for new ways to grow. After a few years that growth will be reflected in your resume, which will set you apart from your competition. I like this change you're making. You know it's the right thing for you to do, so don't worry what others say. There will always be someone saying something...
Good luck

Nicole said...

haha i know sam ur right! im gonna miss u all this weekend... have fun and good luck

jay- thank you so much for that! you're right it's not like it was and there's no harm in moving around