Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Saturday!





I'm not sure if all of you have a restaurant called "The Melting Pot" in your area, but it's great! It's very pricey, so we only go once in a while. I went with a few of the girls last night and had such an awesome time. It's all fondue, and you cook EVERYTHING yourself! People just got there for the dessert because it's amazinggggg. But last night we had everything! Dinner is awesome, I had the steak and shrimp yummy. For our appetizer, we got the chedder cheese dip that they make right in front of you. Even if you're full, you still manage to eat it all! So my resolution is to lose 10-15 pounds by March, BUT I think I gained that much last night! Back to the dessert, you can pick from a bunch of different kinds of chocolate. We chose s'mores because it's amazing! And then they give you all the yummy foods to dip in.

I haven't been running since mom was in the hospital. I was keeping up my fitness with the ellipitical and my weight classes. Running was put on hold for me, due to me spending hours in the hospital every day. I was way too exhausted to run! BUT me being with my mom was far more important. Today started my run classes with my coach. I had a great time. I ran a little over 4 miles and we did some speed work. I was NOT as fast as I was, but I'm hoping I'll gain it back. I averaged a 9 minute mile which isn't bad, but like I said, I was faster. I am thrilled though and hoping to stay injury free *fingers crossed* and really work on my running!

Well that's about it for today. Nothing exciting here just running some errands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you take time off and still AVERAGE a 9mm! You'll have it back in no time!

The Melting Pot is great! Just buy your own kit for home and do it whenever! We LOVE fondue!