Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Hump Day

Well I started classes again and so far so good. The only class I dread is Public Speaking, but it's a mandatory class to take. UGHHH. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think. Other than that, I love my professors and my classes seem fine.



This weekend me and Joe are going to the Jets/Patriots game! I'm super excited and hope the Jets kick ass.



My running has been going good. Mom and I did 5 miles today and 5.25 on Sunday. She's putting up with me, even though I think I'm slowing her down. I can't wait to get my speed back up to where it was. I have a 5k on Saturday and I'm hoping to be in the 25's, but we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nic embrace public speaking as best you can. I'm in a position at work where I have to give presentations all the time. I just did one yesterday for 110 people. Everyone HATES public speaking and will avoid it at all costs. That's how I started, I always got pushed into it because no one else would do it. Anyway, it really has made a huge impact on my career. The exposure is great and after a very short time EVERYONE knows who you are adn will request you speak at their presentations etc. So master it as best you can, good luck!

Nicole said...

HEY!!! ah thanks that makes me feel a little better... i am far from shy but i hate speaking in front of classes bc it's like nobody cares what you're saying so that makes me dread iteven more... i got 100 on my speech yesterday though! i know i'll have to make presentations in my career so ur right why not start now :)

Anonymous said...

Public speaking isn't that bad of a class and like Jay has said, can be invaluable. EVERYONE can take something away from it, even if its an art form they're not fans of. Go into it positively!

Good luck tomorrow on your 5k and don't put the pressure on yourself!